Aller à : contenu haut bas recherche
 
 
EN     FR
Vous êtes ici:   UNIL > HEC Inst. > HEC App. > SYLLABUS
 
 

Leadership Development

  • Enseignant(s):   S.Bendahan  
  • Titre en français: Le développement du leadership
  • Cours donné en: anglais
  • Crédits ECTS: 3 crédits
  • Horaire: Semestre d'automne 2021-2022, 2.0h. de cours (moyenne hebdomadaire)
  •  séances
  • site web du cours site web du cours
  • Formations concernées:
    Maîtrise universitaire ès Sciences en économie politique

    Maîtrise universitaire ès Sciences en management, Orientation stratégie, organisation et leadership

    Maîtrise universitaire ès Sciences en management, Orientation business analytics

    Maîtrise universitaire ès Sciences en management, Orientation marketing

    Maîtrise universitaire ès Sciences en management, Orientation comportement, économie et évolution

    Maîtrise universitaire en Droit et économie
  • Permalink:



       

 

Objectifs

Students will learn about leadership and about developing their leadership potential. A substantial portion of the variation in organizational (and subordinate) outcomes can be attributed to leadership. As such, this course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of leadership as a phenomenon and its impact on the organizational behavior of individuals. Students will learn to think critically about leadership, the boundary conditions of leadership theories, and how to better influence others. The class will focus both on theoretical knowledge and on practice.

Contenus

The class will discuss the following topics (theory sessions):

  • Introduction to leadership
  • Decision-making and its importance in leadership development
  • Motivation
  • Charisma
  • Full-range leadership theory
  • Traits and leadership
  • Gender and Leadership
  • Leadership development in organizations
  • Personal leadership development
  • Ethics and leadership
  • Power and corruption
The practical sessions will be oriented towards the developement and the application of concrete tools that can be used to improve one's leadership:
  • Concrete tools a practical instructions that can be followed to improve one's leadership
  • Specific tools will be presented and developed during class, based on empirical evidence
  • Use of tools will be practiced during class and exercises.

Références

    Day, D. V., & Antonakis, J. (Eds.). (2012). The Nature of Leadership (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.

    Articles (available for download on the course website in Moodle).

      Pré-requis

      None.

      Evaluation

      1ère tentative

      Examen:
      Ecrit 2h00 heures
      Documentation:
      Autorisée
      Calculatrice:
      Autorisée
      Evaluation:

      1. Coursework and participation

      • Practical Exercises and group exercises -- 70% towards final mark


      2. Final exam

      • Final exam (open book, may be switched to a take-home exam)--30% towards final mark.

      Rattrapage

      Examen:
      Ecrit 2h00 heures
      Documentation:
      Autorisée
      Calculatrice:
      Autorisée
      Evaluation:

      Students who fail the course will resit the final exam, which will count towards 30% of the final resit mark. The rest of the 70% will be the participation mark, for which students can be evaluated again on the basis of a new assignment.



      [» page précédente]           [» liste des cours]
       
      Recherche


      Internef - CH-1015 Lausanne - Suisse  -   Tél. +41 21 692 33 00  -   Fax +41 21 692 33 05
      Swiss University